Friday, May 5, 2017

Father ~ Clarissa Wild

Confess your sin.

People call me Father, but I prefer Frank because I’m the worst preacher you’ll ever meet. Days spent completely wasted pull a number on you, especially when you’ve got a truckload of baggage that comes with it. Until this beautiful girl in the back of the church takes my breath away.
…And we end up committing sacrilege in the confessional.
Did I mention I’m filthy?
Bad doesn’t even begin to describe me, and after one taste of what she’s got to offer, I want more. Too bad having a dirty mind isn’t the only thing we’ve got in common…
Our past is laced with sin.

Author’s Note: This book is not for everyone. It’s raw. It’s vulgar. It’s downright offensive. But it’s oh so delicious with a capital D. If you are easily offended, please don’t read this book. But if you like a bit of humor mixed in with raunchiness and brawling, you’ll love this book. Contains disturbing situations, strong language, and graphic violence.


Ephesians 6:11 “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the Devil.” 

Father Frank isn't your typical preacher. He's a sh!t-talkin' whiskey drinkin' ol sonofa gun. Behind that dry and sarcastic humor though is a man once broken. A man who's wife and child were taken from him and since that day he's struggled in many ways with his faith. Faith in the big man above and faith in himself. When Frank meets the young and feisty Laura he finally has something good in his life and wants to be a better man. Sometimes God puts someone in our path to make or break us. 

A druggie, a criminal, and a preacher walk into a bar. I know you’re expecting a joke here, but there is none. Well, at least not yet. 

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book but lemme tell ya this one was amazing! I usually don't go for such crass characters but I instantly adored Father Frank and was rooting for him to find himself right away. I liked the secondary characters as well and thought they were all characterized and had a powerful part in the book. 

“I don’t judge people on their past sins. I judge them by their strength and their ability to do what’s right in the present.” 

I don't think I've read anything by this author before and now I know I need to get to reading her other books. I found her writing style engaging and the pace of the story was perfect! There was action, raunchy sex, and a lot of twists! Some I saw coming and some caught me with my mouth gaping open like she did whaaa--?!

I also read the extended epilogue by signing up for the author's newsletter and I thought it was a hot little extra side piece as well. I am almost hoping there's a spin-off after this one! Maybe grown- up Bruno?? YASSS

Overall outstanding characters, cinematic dramedy style plot, and some wild kinky scenes. 5 stars all the way xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment