Wednesday, August 19, 2015

I Know What Love Is ~ Whitney Bianca

SYNOPSIS
This is not a love story.
A chance encounter in a dark bar changed my life forever. I'll never forget the events of that night and the days that followed. I'll never be the same. He tried to break me, but now I'm stronger than ever.
I want him to pay. I want him to suffer. I want to be just as much of a monster as he is.
But maybe, deep down... I want him just as much as he wants me. Maybe we deserve each other. Maybe he knows me better than I know myself.
Maybe.
But I know what love is, and this is not it.
Warning: This dark erotic tale contains violence, explicit sexuality, and adult situations. The content may be considered objectionable, so please read at your own discretion.

4 I liked it corsets
Old Me was beautiful. Old Me was healthy. Old Me had a lifetime of possibilities ahead of her.


Following a brutal attack, Joan attempts to move on with her life by moving back in with her wealthy parents and getting engaged to a nice, kind but boring man. It's a surefire way to forget the ordeal she went through at the hands of brutal, Elliot. Just a plain ol' Southern guy with a dark nature. But no... Joan can't move on- even away she can't forget the man who will change her forever.

I Know What Love Is was a very unique read which I felt a lot of ambivalent feelings toward. I must admit it was hard to read- the first 60% I didn't connect with the characters, didn't like the pace, and almost put it completely down. But it really picks up and has a lot of action and a whole new plot direction in dark erotica so I greedily finished it and actually enjoyed it overall.

One thing I liked was the characters were different- Elliot was the hard, brutal type with feelings- he almost seems like an oxymoron. You could feel he really loved Joan even if he didn't know what love truly is. I didn't buy Joan- I think she was more sociopathic than Elliot was. She never felt any true sympathy to her loved ones no matter what she put them through- no remorse for her actions. She just never seemed genuine to me- she was always playing a role. She was both the puppet and the puppet-master.


Overall a really good read and one I'd recommend for those who like angsty characters, dark romance, and elements of a crime thriller.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23002924-i-know-what-love-is

0 comments:

Post a Comment