Sunday, October 2, 2016

Prisoned ~ Marni Mann

When I opened my eyes, I was in a cell, my body covered in bruises.  Not a jail. I’d been kidnapped and imprisoned.

I wasn’t alone. I shared the cell with Garin Woods, the man I’d loved since I was a kid. The man I couldn’t be with because of the secret. A man who would kill me if he found out what that secret was.

Someone wanted to torture me.

Torture us. One of us deserved it.

 It wasn’t Garin.


Our soulmate is revealed only once during our life. Maybe it's a glimpse of a stranger. Maybe it's our best friend. The timing may not always be right. But, when they're shown to us, we know it's them. Then, life happens. We grow. We age. We develop scars. 

Kyle and Garin escaped a rough childhood growing up in a section of projects called "The Heart." After a devastating tragedy the two best friends became estranged and would not meet again until their adulthood. Kyle has done everything in her power to move on from her past but old guilt just won't die. When Kyle awakens in a cell with Garin and no recollection of what happened--the two must face their past and come together if they have any hope of getting out alive.

Overall, after reading this book I just have so many questions! The more revelations there were-the more I was questioning Why? 


The writing was very well done and I read through this quickly- there was a lot of emotion portrayed through the pages and we the reader do really get inside each of the character's heads. 

However, I just have a disconnect after finishing it- with both the characters and the plot. Regarding the characters- they just weren't believable in my opinion. To come from that EXTREME of crime & poverty and to be rich? Plus I didn't think their dialogue would match rough children on the streets- no slang, no cussing- talking like proper adults. Maybe that's just me generalizing but I didn't find it believable.

Regarding the plot- I'm going to be honest here- I find this book very misleading by the blurb and cover. It's like the Inception of books- a plot within a plot within a plot?




So I'm not going to recommend this to my dark erotic friends- but I am going to highly recommend it for those who enjoy mystery & suspense thrillers with some second chance romance.

Although a lot of this didn't work for me I still enjoyed the read and it was something new & different. 3.5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment