Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Magnate & Sovereign ~ Celia Aaron (Acquisition Series #2-3)


Note:  ***The following reviews contain SPOILERS if you have not begun the Acquisition series- Read at your own risk.***

Read my Review for Counsellor (Book 1) HERE



Lucius Vinemont has spirited me away to a world of sugar cane and sun. There is nothing he cannot give me on his lavish Cuban plantation. Each gift seduces me, each touch seals my fate. There is no more talk of depraved competitions or his older brother – the one who’d stolen me, claimed me, and made me feel things I never should have. Even as Lucius works to make me forget Sinclair, my thoughts stray back to him, to the dark blue eyes that haunt my sweetest dreams and bitterest nightmares. Just like every dream, this one must end. Christmas will soon be here, and with it, the second trial of the Acquisition. 

Full disclosure: This book is a dark romance with elements of slavery, violence, BDSM, and super-hot sex. It is the second book of a trilogy and ends on a cliffhanger. If you're good with these caveats, enjoy. 


Death watched me as if I were its next dance partner, its next sumptuous feast of flesh. How long would our flirtation last before he dragged me into the swirling mass of dancers, swallowed up by flowing skirts and dark smiles? 

Magnate picks up where Counsellor left off- Stella has been whisked away to Cuba by Lucius. Her momentary paradise doesn't last long when it is time to return to the States- and time for the Christmas trial. The Christmas trial is much more depraved than the first and I found WAY more exciting! The scenes were super intense and I was nearly biting my nails with adrenaline as I read on to learn Stella's fate. 

No more toying with death over drinks and dancing. I intended to walk across the room, wrap my arms around death’s neck and pull him down to me. Kiss him like there was no tomorrow and dare him to do a thing about it. 

There were a few twists that I didn't see coming but I appreciated the deep detail in this book. It was almost as if book one was a Prologue- I found this installment much deeper and detailed. Onto the last one soon! xx


The Acquisition has ruled my life, ruled my every waking moment since Sinclair Vinemont first showed up at my house offering an infernal bargain to save my father’s life. Now I know the stakes. The charade is at an end, and Sinclair has far more to lose than I ever did. 

But this knowledge hasn’t strengthened me. Instead, each revelation breaks me down until nothing is left but my fight and my rage. As I struggle to survive, only one question remains. How far will I go to save those I love and burn the Acquisition to the ground? 

Full disclosure: This book is a DARK romance with elements of BDSM, slavery, violence, and super-hot sex. It is the last of the Acquisition trilogy, no cliffhanger. If you're good with these caveats, enjoy!


A prisoner with the keys to the castle. 

It’s time for the final trial- with so much on the line it works better when Sin and Stella team up. But being the acquisition of a dark and brooding man isn’t easy- Stella has to become the strongest she’s ever been in every way-mentally, physically, and emotionally. With a promise that the worst is yet to come Stella sets her sights on redemption and will do anything to get it.

Because now it’s not just Stella’s life on the line… 

I’ve started to say this in every review I write for Celia Aaron but DAMN she just knows how to write dark romance! Always with a classic edge and the BEST balance in her heroines. Strong yet soft, fierce yet meek at times. And always the most insufferable yet to die for anti-heroes. 

So much emotion flitted across her eyes, but mostly the one that spoke to my soul. The small flame of something I’d tried to stamp out, to destroy. Somehow, it burned still. For me. 

I loved the first two books in this series but they were both 4 star reads for me…not this one! WOW. I was surprised and had my heart ripped open at times. This was ah-mazing. The series got real dark and that ending—never in a million years could I have predicted it! I’m talking Cersei Lannister dark… not f*cking around

Death, misery, ruin—this was their currency. Hate burned in my heart, stripping away everything soft and gentle and turning me into nothing more than a brand of rage. 

Overall, this series will stay with me for quite some time. Each book got better & better as well as darker & darker. This author has become a one-click favorite of mine. I highly recommend this series- I cannot rave enough about it! xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment