Saturday, March 7, 2015

Desolate ~ Ker Dukey

SYNOPSIS
Ryan:
I was a son,
A friend,
A brother,
A psychopath.
Eighteen years of being in a psyche ward; I was released into the world. Things have changed, Blake is married to Melody and is a father to my new fixation, Cereus. My beautiful niece who knows nothing of my existence. When consequences of past sins begin playing tricks on me, old cravings demand to be satisfied.
There is no cure for my kind of sickness.
I am void of everything but obsession.
I can’t love,
I can’t feel,
I am Desolate.


5 I Need a Drink after that intensity corsets
**Warning: SPOILER ALERT** If you have not already read Empathy DO NOT read this review- if you read it and spoil Empathy for yourself it's your own damn problem now.**
*Read my review of Empathy*
***
**
*
*
*

I'm a real king. I didn't live my life like cattle or conform to what society tells me is right. I broke rules, manipulated with calculated plans certain people's whole perspective of their lives, and I did so with ease. I was born with a superior genetic predisposition and all the naysayers are just ants, jealous of what they can't understand. ~ Ryan

This book.
Is PHENOMENAL! I am BLOWN AWAY!


Desolate takes place 18 years after Empathy where Melody and Blake have raised a daughter and gone about their lives normally. Ryan, after being locked in a mental institution, is released into the world after he’s convinced doctors he’s cured. When he discovers he has a niece he becomes fascinated by her and obsessed with inserting himself in her life. Nothing is as it seems, and this book is just as full of action as the first!

Okay, this one got me. I didn’t see the ending coming and I couldn’t predict those twists! Wow! The first 30% of the book sets everything into motion and we gain an equal view into each character’s edition of Where Are They Now? Towards the middle we see Ryan’s influence take over and infect Blake’s family yet there isn’t a clear idea of what’s about to happen. At the end there are SOOO many twists and shocking revelations I couldn’t put the book down!

In Empathy, I couldn’t believe I fell for Ryan’s character since he was so demented. In Desolate, I accepted my book crush and found myself liking him more and more as he interacts with Cereus. The author sure knows how to write an EXCELLENT sociopath- it’s hard not to take some of his actions and make them human- nope he lets us know that everything he does is calculated; every nice moment is simply a means to an end. People are his puppets and he is in control.

As much as I adored Melody in the first book her side of the story took a backseat in this one and I became very fascinated (like Ryan) with Cereus. Cereus is so different, unique, and has a certain aura that is broadcasted through the pages. I would love to know her future; would love to know her story after Desolate. *crosses fingers* I saw a teaser for the next novella yet haven’t found a synopsis. PLEASE be Cereus’ story!!

After this book I am a huge fan of the author’s… I will need to read her other books. I loved the writing style- it kept my attention. Each scene was descriptive, engaging, and left me wanting to read more and more. I was disappointed the story ended- even though it was one HELL of an ending!! The ending was left open and I will patiently wait for more.



5 HIGHLY recommended stars~ 2015 favorite

Cereus becomes the only one left in color amongst the darkening fog that is me threatening to devour the world. She's different; she has my blood in her veins.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24782725-desolate

Get it on Amazon-> http://amzn.to/1wtfHDo
 
***
My theme song for the book "Apex Predator" by Otep (because Ryan is NOT an alpha male but THE alpha male) -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxVkA... 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment