Monday, March 30, 2015

Vacant ~ Ker Dukey

Title: Vacant (an Empathy novella)
Author: Ker Dukey
Genre: Dark Erotica
Release Date: March 30, 2015

SYNOPSIS:
Ryan
When two dark souls connect the draw is too dominant to ignore and the obsession of owning the only color to brighten my dark world too unrelenting to not obey. I left her alone so she could live a normal life but I was weak, how can she live a normal life after so much sinister chaos invaded her world, summoning her own darkness to the surface?
The depraved devil that is me now had an anchor, someone to venture into the black abyss with.
Normal wasn’t a path ever set for Cereus.
She was her Father’s daughter but my soul mate, even if I disputed ever owning one.
She was struggling without me in her life, the vacant ache inside her leaking out. I can’t not go to her, the need is too strong and like with all of my urges I embrace it.

5 I love Ryan corsets!!
"Would you rather be the person doing the cutting or the person apologizing for their blood staining your clothes while they bleed out?"


Oh Ryan…you sicken me yet I’m so fascinated by your character! I’m pretty sure the author could write ten books on him and his sadistic ways and I wouldn’t ever become bored! Vacant picks up a year after Desolate with Cereus desperately trying to blend in and be normal while Ryan bides his time before entering her life again.

Ryan sees the darkness blooming in Cereus as he watches over her. But it isn't time for him to make his presence known yet... she doesn't know he's alive and he isn't sure he'd be able to let her go again. The first 40% gives us a glimpse into Cereus’ life as she navigates her way through college, drama, and grief. She feels invisible, alone, and different. If only the person who made her feel complete was there for her.

Little does Cereus know, he is .


The last 60% started with a pivotal moment where Cereus is faced with a decision of life or death. I held my breath reading this intense scene. The next thing I know the book is over…- you won’t be able to put this down once starting! Vacant is filled with powerful scenes and is over before you’ve even taken a few deep breaths to calm down. The ending was not as I expected and consists of a semi cliffhanger- PLEASE PLEASE let there be more story!! *begs*

I should have been put off or at least shocked at the taboo feelings between Cereus and Ryan- but it seemed too natural I just couldn't! (I've been reading too many dark & taboo books) Argh Ker Dukey is my new guilty pleasure!

I can’t explain the author’s writing style… it’s lyrical and darkly poetic yet full of action and probably the most engaging style I’ve read. The characters could be taking a shower or doing something nominal and it’s still super exciting to me.

There’s not much more I can say that I haven’t expressed in the first two books…

Characters: 5 stars
Story: 5 stars
Writing: 5 stars
Everything: 5 stars

Top recommendation xx

***
Read my reviews of Empathy | Desolate

 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25028920-vacant


Displaying ker.jpgI have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters. I wanted to be an actress growing up so I could live many roles but I learned early on that my mind was too active… I would want to change the script.I would watch films and think of ways they could of improved the story if they took another direction so i thought it best that i tell my own.
My mum would always have a book in her hand when I was young and passed on her love for reading, inspiring me to venture into writing my own. I tend to have a darker edge to my writing. Not all love stories are made from light, some are created in darkness but are just as powerful and worth telling.
When I’m not lost in the world of characters I love spending time with my family. I’m a mum and that comes first in my life but when I do get down time I love attending music concerts or reading events with my younger sister. You can find me on Facebook where i love interacting with my readers.




0 comments:

Post a Comment