Thursday, September 22, 2016

24690 ~ A.A. Dark

Buried deep below the everyday life of our society lives an underground world of nightmares—of violence and murder no one dares speak about. Contracts and laws weave the web of our culture together. Our Masters walk amongst us. They can be our friends, or the ones to make us disappear forever. Where I once had found peace within my existence, it all ended with the death of my cruel, yet caring owner. My world shattered and I was taken back to the one place I had hoped to never see again—the cells of Whitlock—a subterranean fortress for slaves who await their new placement. Now I have no rights. I have no say. My feelings and wellbeing are meaningless. Escape is impossible, but I have nothing left to lose. To stand any chance of survival, I must give my life as collateral to the highest bidder: Soul for Sale. slave 24690 ***********WARNING*********** This book contains EXTREMELY disturbing situations, explicit sexual content, and very graphic language. This book EXCEEDS the dark genre and has been classified as PITCH BLACK. May contain triggers for some. Read at your own risk!!



But where there is a perpetrator, there is a victim. The actions and trials of both are not without consequence. To know fear in its purest form was to live, and life was the greatest gift we were bestowed. 

Have you ever watched American Dad? There's an episode where Hailey's boyfriend is kidnapped from aliens and transported to their world. The alien's home is a cylindrical palace filled with shops and businesses. He is made to be a slave at a fast food joint. Granted this is a light-hearted adult cartoon- the scene stayed with me. So when the slaves are taken to City Center in this book- I had such a vivid picture in my mind of what it would be like. I could almost look far up with them in wonder at what lay above.

24690 is no doubt an erotic horror and a complete psychological mind f*ck. I ALWAYS fall for the anti-hero but still good and soft inside in dark romance style books. Nope- not this time- I found myself wishing the REALLY bad guy wins- WANTING to read his story over the "good" bad guys.Mz. AA Dark you've broke me! 



After the murder of her elderly Master, slave 24690 finds herself in a holding state and being prepared to be auctioned. Except there are so many players behind the scenes and she proves to be worth more than anticipated. 

Bram, the Main Master of Whitlock, fights his inner demons with his outer demons. It was his father's legacy that he must rule the secret bungalow of demon style sin. Even with his childhood best friend at his side Bram trusts no one and is in a constant state of flux regarding his life--but not his duty---for that he is sure.

Slave 24690 or "Everleigh" was kind of a blur to me- it was hard for me to picture her. I couldn't imagine her appearance but as the story went on I could feel her presence-her personality. Maybe it's reflective of the cover- for some reason I just couldn't picture her clearly as I read. Despite I thought all of the characters were multi-dimensional and was engaged in each perspective. One more than the others- hinted above.

This book definitely is dark- it is erotic horror- a lot of scenes were hard for me to read. Also, I had legitimate nightmares from this book. However, I truly enjoyed it- so well written and thrilling. I would highly recommend it but not to newbie dark readers. 5 stars all the way xx *praying for no nightmares tonight*



0 comments:

Post a Comment