Sunday, March 26, 2017

Therapist ~ Jaden Wilkes

I am a sociopath.

I know this because I diagnosed myself.

I have a PhD in Clinical Psychology from a very prestigious university.

I am charming, attractive, and you probably want to sleep with me.

I take what I want, when I want, and I enjoy picking the most tragic of all my patients to experiment with.

I have no remorse, I am unrelenting in my pursuit of tragedy, and I am about to meet my match.

Her name is not important, I am only allowed to call her Mistress. She is a femme fatale, a patient, and now an obsession.

She will destroy me, I will do anything to get inside of her.

I can already feel her inside of me.

**Trigger warning. This novel is not a love story, but more of a journey through a few short days in the life of a madman. What you see is not always what you get, reality is altered through his eyes and sometimes there is no happily ever after.
I'm just a run of the mill harmless sociopath. Physically harmless at least, I've never even hit a woman. 

Therapist.
The rapist.
What a big difference a space can make.


Alexandre is a widely renowned psychotherapist specializing in recovering victims of past assault. His methods are unconventional and highly unethical. But ethics aren’t something he concerns himself with. After all, he’s qualified to diagnose himself as a sociopath.

I believe that I am simply expressing my sociopathic tendencies through the ruination of women's bodies. Nothing else. 

Well…that was….?? I’m almost at a loss for words. Not what I expected! I highly enjoyed the author’s writing style. It was grotesque being inside Alexandre’s mind but you couldn’t help to laugh a bit at his haughty and sometimes affable attitude. 

Be beautiful or interesting, be something or the world will run you over as they riot to get closer to those better than you. 

I thought the author did an amazing job at portraying a textbook narcissist. Every element was there- the gaslighting of his patients, his superior attitude, obsession with appearance, and the constant use of people to suit his own needs. Bleh! It definitely was unsettling- I would say almost worse than being inside the mind of a serial killer! 

The storyline follows Alexandre and his interactions with his former colleagues, select patients, and an alluring woman he calls ‘Mistress’. Mistress is the only woman close to perfection in his opinion but she isn’t a fan of his methods.

Now that ending- okay! Wow. Intense! Didn’t really see that one coming…I had an inclination something was going on but that was a good twist. Bravo! I thought this was a really good story but I can’t say if I liked it or not honestly… I still have the heebie geebies! Overall, 4.5 stars xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment