Saturday, March 25, 2017

Held ~ Kimberly A. Bettes

Nicole Lee, a young wife and new mother, steps out of the mall, squinting against the glare of the midday sun, completely unaware that her life is about to change forever.

In a matter of seconds, she is steeped in fear as the world she knows and the life she loves fades away.

As the panic sets in and the terror takes hold, Nicole tries to keep calm, though she's now in a frantic fight for her life. Locked in a deadly battle of wits with a psychopath, she struggles to keep her sanity as she's held.

A 59,000+ word novel, with over 17,000 words of bonus content. For mature audiences only.





Nicole Lee, a young wife and mother, chants the same thing every victim thinks before their life changes completely This Can’t Be Happening to Me... 


Taken in broad daylight from a shopping mall Nicole fears the worst yet is thrown a curveball when her captor takes her home and treats her-almost- like he’s a gentleman. Bathed, fed, and cared for Nicole is playing a dangerous game. But she’ll do anything to find the easiest way back to her husband and son…

Had he not been a psychopath, he would've made an excellent husband. 

Ron is a man all about appearances. To the outside world he’s charming, clean-cut, and friendly. One would never guess by looking at him that he kidnaps innocent women. Ron has dark tastes that can only be satisfied in his sinister basement- luckily he believes he loves Nicole so she gets much better treatment than the woman in the basement. But Ron IS a psychopath and it only takes one mistake to send him careening over the edge of madness.

It was funny how a psychopath who lived in a world of delusions could be so hell-bent on people being honest. 

I could not put this down! Once I started I couldn’t stop! And let me tell you I had quite an intense book hangover after finishing this. This is one huge psychological mindf*ck. This book took my emotions and pulverized them into a billion pieces. 

There is no romance or redemption in this story- there is only survival and fear. Fear of the basement, fear of Ron, and fear for any other woman who crosses his path. Held does not dance around violence- it embraces it and throws out some hella gore. There were some new methods of torture and cruelty in this book that I haven’t read previously. It’ll make your skin crawl, your stomach lurch, and your heart sink at times.

This is one book I’ve had on my TBR for quite some time that I wish I would’ve read much sooner! I LOVED it- and can add to my small list of “darkest books ever.” Overall, one phenomenal read and one I’d recommend for horror or thriller enthusiasts. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment