Thursday, January 26, 2017

Wicked Little Words ~ Stevie J Cole & BT Urruela

Edwin Allen Mercer I want them all to read my words. And they do. Every last blood-stained sentence, they've read and praised me for. They love the gore and violence, the realness. And I get a sense of power with it all because I know a secret: the victims in my books—they’re real and have all died on my table. And maybe that’s why the last book had such awful reviews. Murder is, after all, a dirty little thing. Some can stomach it. Others can’t. My answer to those reviews: find a woman to co-author with. To be the next pathetic character in my book. Pity she’s so pretty. Miranda Cross All I’ve ever wanted was to be successful as a writer so when I was offered the opportunity to co-author a book with my idol, EA Mercer, I jumped at the chance. He’s beautiful and a literary genius, but something about him makes my stomach knot. And maybe it’s my overactive imagination making my hairs stand on end when he walks up behind me. After all, these wicked little words we’re typing are only fiction. They’re only fiction…



There are moments in each person's life where everything shifts. Emotions morph. Hurt turns to rage. Love turns to hate. People change. It is the nature of life, for life is merely a metamorphosis. 


As a Creative Writing student Miranda Cross knows to write something COMPLETELY unique to win the interest of Best-Selling author EA “Edwin Allen” Mercer. Mercer has a competition among the top young future-authors and is offering a co-writing spot on his next release. As a horror-thriller author Mercer’s mind travels to depths that most others can’t even imagine. But just how real is his inspiration?
I am the God of my own world, waiting for the outer world to crumble around me so I may laugh upon its ruins. 
Wicked Little Words is a tricky book for me to rate. For about 90% I would have to say it was a 3-3.5 star reading experience for me. But that ending though! Made up the extra .5 to 4 stars. I did not see it coming!!
I found the pace average- neither moving quickly nor slowly. There was a lot of inner dialogue but I didn’t truly feel I was in any of the character’s heads. I would have liked more backstory on each of them- how they came to be who they were. The cabin in the woods with the amazing view was the PERFECT setting for the atmospheric edge in this book! I so wish I was there…well maybe not THAT cabin…

Overall a great thriller! I would recommend it to others and would love to see more from this author duo xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment