Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Dirty Ugly Toy ~ K.Webster

Her time is over. Things are looking up. She’s dirty and ugly. He’s wicked but handsome. Six months to toy with her. Six months of vacation and a ton of money. I’ll hurt her beyond repair. I’ve been through much worse. She's difficult to control and doesn't obey. I'm done submitting to anyone or anything in this life. I should hate her. I should hate him. The game has changed. I will win. Dirty Ugly Toy is a novel that blurs the lines of right and wrong, deals with abuse, contains dubious consent, and adult subject matter. If you are sensitive to violent sexual situations, the book may not be suitable for you. Some parts of this book are not easy to read and are not intended for everyone. However, those that keep an open mind and stick with it will not be disappointed.




Nineteen toys. Nineteen locks of hair. Nineteen times I’d indulged in my greatest fantasies. I believe the twentieth one will be extra special. 

Prostitute.
Drug Addict.
Woman lost.


Jessica or "bunny" never imagined she’d be roaming the UK looking for her next fix. She became numb through the heroin and numb to selling her body. When a tall, dark, and handsome business man offers her a ridiculous sum of money it seems too good to be true. All she has to do is be his “toy” for 6 months. When the mask is off and her “duties” are revealed- will she be able to keep up her end of the bargain.

Payback’s a b.tch and Bunny’s about to repent for the sins of my mother. 

Mommy issues galore.
Angst.


Braxton Kennedy is a man who ALWAYS gets what he wants. Except this time- he wanted a strawberry blonde but her hair was dyed. Too late. He will just have to make do with his defective toy. This isn’t his first toy and they expire after 6 months but this one…. reaches him in a place he never suspects…

I absolutely adored Jessica’s character. She was rough, a little gruff, and yet had a good heart buried beneath the haze of drugs. She had an intriguing back story and her mind worked in a way I believe any reader can identify with. It was refreshing to read about such a fierce yet vulnerable captive woman. 

Brax was your typical billionaire with the temper of a 3 year old- but endearing in his own way. I feel the introduction to him in the beginning of the book didn’t match the direction his character went. When I read the prologue I thought “damn this guy is twisted!” But truly he was about as scary as...



One thing I’d like to add is I don’t believe this book is dark. It was more of a grey romance with a few dark elements but I personally would not classify it as dark. That did not take away from the enjoyment to me but I believe this story is mislabeled. Who knows- maybe it’ll be dark to others. I would have liked what happened to the toys to have stayed what the book hinted at--but I understand for the ending it couldn't be that way. Overall I enjoyed the engaging writing style, banter between all of the characters, and well-rounded dynamic secondary characters as well. I would highly recommend this read! Loved it xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment